Enjoy moving to music with a variety of dance styles - latin, disco, pop, creative, and community folk dances. Increase your vitality and energy with movement rhythms that inspire you to move. You will improve balance, stretch and tone your muscles, activate your brain and have FUN!
Suitable for everyone. No Dance experience is necessary. REMEMBER to Move It Don’t Lose It!
Each dance class includes:
- WARM UPS: exercises to mobilise joints, warm and stretch muscles
- DANCE MOVEMENT: participating in a variety of dance styles and extending movement range through different music styles and rhythms.
- COOLING DOWN: Centring and calming exercises to relax body and mind
All exercises and dances are clearly explained and demonstrated by the teacher. Feel comfortable in this safe and supportive environment.
(except the first one of each month)
- 9.30am - 10:30am
- Buy 5 classes to use at any time $80 ($16 per class). Casual class $19
- Uniting Church Hall
77 Albert Street, Berry NSW
- Email or ph: 0412 244 735
The only physical activity to offer protection against dementia was frequent dancing.
– Richard Powers, from “Use It or Lose It: Dancing Makes You Smarter”
The Benefits of Dancercise
- feel alive & energised
- it’s fun and uplifting!
- stimulates your brain
- enhances the level of brain chemicals that “encourage nerve cells to grow”
- better thinking and memory skills
- strengthen your bones and muscles
- balance and stability are greatly enhanced
- improves your posture and alignment
- develops greater stamina
- improves bone density
- great way to meeting new friends and socialise
- shown to reduce depression, anxiety and stress
- boosts self-esteem, body image, coping ability
- improves overall sense of well-being
- breathing is improved
- current research supports Dancing as the best mental, physical and emotional exercise for seniors
- a healthy, lifelong leisure activity
Suitable for all, NO dance experience or Partners are needed. Dances are clearly demonstrated and broken down into easily manageable steps.